Bentonite pellets are made from natural, organic free, high-swelling bentonite, they are designed for use in the groundwater monitoring industry to form a chemically resilient, highly impermeable and flexible seal. Bentonite pellets isolate screened intervals of monitoring wells and provide an excellent seal for abandoned boreholes.
- Easy to use
- Provide a highly impermeable well seal
- Does not shrink or crack
- Easy to pour to depth
- Uniform size helps prevent bridging
- Chemically stable.
- Self-sealing; remain flexible when saturated and will rehydrate.
- Permeability range: 1 x 10-7 to 1 x 10-9 cm/sec.
- Free Swelling Volume: > 500% ( after 48 hrs)
- Contained Swelling Volume: > 40% ( after 48 hrs)
- Settling Velocity: 40 (cm/sec)
- Swelling Onset: 15 minutes
- Pelle Diameter: 8 mm
- Pellet Lenght: 5 -15 mm
- Bulk Density: 1,05 – 1,10 g/ml
- Specific Gravity: 2,2 – 2,5 g/ml
- Colour: Light Grey
Typical Chemical Analysis
- SiO2: 65,3%
- Al2O3: 11,7
- Fe2O3: 6,36
- TiO2: 0,63
- CaO: 1.01
- MgO: 3,35
- K2O: 1,70
- Na2O: 4,90
- Loss on Ingnition: 5,7
- H20: 14-18%
Composition (By XRD Analysis)
- Montmorillonite Clay: Major ( ca. 40%)
- Calcite: Some
- Feldspar: Minor
- Alpha Quartz: Minor
For shallow applications, pour bentonite pellets slowly and steadily to prevent blocking and bridging.
For deep applications, bentonite pellets may be tremied into place – add bentonite pellets to the tremie pipe and quickly chase with water or air to deliver the pellets quickly and accurately to the desired depth.
Bentonite Pellets are packaged in 25Kg plastic bags (40 x 25Kg bags per shrink wrapped pallet).